Sunday, November 11, 2012

Time Takes Time...

...but albums are quick.

Less than two years ago I began recording songs for what would become "Never And Forever".  As I type this I am on the cusp of completing it.  Even though I've pretty much taken a few months off from recording, I cannot believe how fast the whole process has gone.  This album is so much different than the last one which took five years(!!!) to complete.  By the time I finished that one I was just ready to be done.  Sure there were improvements that could have been made but I was really just over it by that point.  This time around I am going to finish AND still be excited about the music!  It's a very nice feeling.

All I really have left to do to finish is record the vocal tracks for the album closer called "Time Takes Time".  It is the shortest track on the album and the simplest song as well.  The vocal recording should be really easy.  I recorded the bass guitar tonight.  It is really so close.

Once vocals are recorded the final mixing should be easy because it's such a simple mix.  Then it will be a matter of getting the track sequence mastered so that everything sound right together on the album. Artwork for the CD booklet is coming along nicely as well.  I'm saying this will all be done and ready for download by the end of November.  Optimistically I'm hoping maybe even by Thanksgiving.

To be honest I'm pretty excited about this release.  I think it's the most solid collection of songs I've ever come up with.  You can judge for yourself before too long.

No comments: