Friday, November 30, 2012

Without Further Ado...

...I give you "Never And Forever".

After 23 months of intermittent work, it is finally finished and available for download.  This is my 4th album and has been by far the easiest to make.  (It's interesting that my 3rd album was the hardest.)  It's short...only 8 tracks.  But I think I've packed it full of enjoyable moments.  As I've said all along, with this album I've tried to keep to specific themes and a specific mood.  What that means is that there is probably not "something for everybody" on this one.  Which means that it may not be everybody's cup of tea, which is perfectly fine.  I mean really, is there anything more subjective than music?  But I think that those who DO enjoy this will do so deeply.  I've put my heart and soul into this and I hope that comes through as you listen to it.  I also hope that you will give it a few spins before passing judgement.  The best music always takes some time to sink in.

There will also be a CD version released.  It will have a 12-page booklet with artwork and lyrics.  All design work is being done by myself.  Sometimes I think I enjoy creating the artwork as much as the music.  I hope that some of you will want to go the old fashioned route and have this tangible object to hold in your hand.  I promise I am working to make it as beautiful as I can.

I'm going to ask a favor.  If you find my work to be worthy of any praise, please share it with others.  Like any musician, I'd love to reach the largest audience that I can.  Again, thanks to those who have supported me in the past.  I really hope you enjoy my latest effort.

Thanks,
James

No comments: