Saturday, October 27, 2012

Album Update

I've been getting a lot of work done this week.  "Never And Forever" the album, is almost a reality.  Here is a quick rundown of what is done and what is left to do.  I made some substantial progress on track #6, "Anything At All".  I fixed some issues with the mix, recorded vocals for the ending of the song and now it's pretty much finished.  I also did some EXTREMELY minor tweaks to the mix of the first 3 tracks.  These were small things that I've been meaning to do for a while.

All that remains to completely finish this album:
  • Track 4 - "You Can Never Go Home"
    • just needs some minor improvements to the mix.  This should't take long
  • Track 5 - "Save My Soul"
    • this is pretty much done but  could use one more instrument/part/sound to round it out.
  • Track 6 - "Anything At All"
    • As I mentioned, I just about am finished with this one.  All that remains is to listen to the mix a few more times and make sure it's really done.
  • Track 7 - "This Time"
    • This song needs a few more sounds, a guitar solo and some final mixing and testing.
  • Track 8 - "Time Takes Time"
    • Need to record vocals, maybe add some more sounds or instruments...maybe not, we'll see.
At a total of 8 tracks, that's all there is left to do.  That may sound like a lot of things but really this album is over 90% done.  I really can't wait to get it finished as it feels like a major step forward for me.

No comments: