Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Favorite Albums of 2011

It's that time of year again when I like to reflect back on the music that meant something to me over the past 12 months.  And then I like to quantify and rank something that probably shouldn't be.  Putting two pieces of art up against each other and declaring one as "better" than the other is probably a futile exercise...and yet as humans it seems we love to do this.  And as it turns out, within the human race, I am no exception.  But rather than call this a "best" album list, lets just say these are the collections of music that meant the most to me personally.  Your mileage of course will vary, but I offer this as both a window into what inspires me as an artist and also a tool for anyone who's looking for some decent music.

This year I'll be distributing my list a little differently.  Starting tomorrow I'll post each day until the end of the year, counting down my top ten album choices.  This serves several purposes.  It drags the experience out for as long as possible and also allows for greater appreciation and exploration of each album that I post about.

So come back each day for the next 10 days to see how it's coming along.  Let me know if you've found something you like.  Or maybe you think I'm forgetting something.  Leave your thoughts in the comments.

See you tomorrow.

James

3 comments:

Rory said...

Give this a whack. You might like it, you might not.

http://grooveshark.com/album/Hurry+Up+We+re+Dreaming/6616973

Unknown said...

Dang it Rory! You're right...this is amazing!

Rory said...

I'm sorry. Don't get mad about this one either.

http://grooveshark.com/album/Within+And+Without/6141745