Friday, October 22, 2010

Subtle Changes in the Night

If any of you have been listening to the new songs on my bandcamp site, you may or may not have noticed that there are subtle changes in the mixes and a song might sound slightly different from one day to another. You see, what you are hearing is not actually the finished product just yet. Those are the "good enough to be heard by others" mixes. Not the"good enough to be on the final album" mixes. So most night I spend listening and tweaking and listening and tweaking again. At the end of the night I post the latest version to bandcamp. This is why I have not enabled downloading from that site yet. I don't want anyone to go and download an incomplete version.

Songs that have been getting this re-mix treatment lately are "Take Our Chances", "The Enemy Is Me", and "Drifting Away". The changes would be most noticeable in those songs. The other songs that I still find myself wanting to mess with are "Comfort Me" and "Castles In the Sand". Once everything is "good enough" it will be time to burn the final disc and get this baby into production.

I've also been working on finalizing the design and artwork. This is one of my favorite parts of the process. I recently added all of the lyrics to the fold out booklet. I'm now in the process of writing the album credits and thank you's and such. There is not a single photograph of myself and I think I will keep it that way. I'm quite sure I used too many on the last album so maybe I'm making up for that.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

What? You could never put too many pictures of yourself... it's an impossibility!