Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We've Made a Breakthough...

...and I suppose by "we" I mean "I".

For many years now I've been trying to figure out how to get "Take Our Chances" to sound like anything but a complete mess. I've fiddled and tweaked and hoped and prayed that it could be anything other than an atrocity. You see, it had so much potential, but the recordings were just bad. I've known that I just needed to cut a few parts out, re-record some others...but I just couldn't get the nerve to do it.

Well as of last night I've made major changes that bring this little piece of music into the realm "album worthy" material. It had better be since it is slated as the opening track of the album. It's not exactly where it needs to be just yet, but it is now to a point where I know that it's possible. And really that is one of the major things that has been holding me back for a while.

No comments: