Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All That's Left to Do

Here is my short "to do" list of items remaining to be finished.
  • Take Our Chances - Worked on it a bit more last night. It's in a good place right now. This mix might even be finished. Need to listen to it a bit more.
  • Castles In the Sand - The mix needs major work. This could take a while or could happen very quickly...you never know with these things.
  • Drifting Away - Mix needs work. Again, this could be very difficult or very easy and quick.
  • Wherever You Go - Instruments are all mixed and sounding great. Lyrics need to be finalized and vocals recorded.
  • Comfort Me - I'm not sure what needs to be done here. Maybe nothing. Maybe something.
And once all of that is done...
  • Mastering of all tracks - I need to adjust volume and levels and determine track beginnings and endings and any overlaps of the two and basically lay out the structure of the album before burning a master copy.
And finally...
  • Artwork - The artwork is mostly finished. The CD booklet will include all lyrics this time around. I haven't been able to finish laying this out yet since I haven't finalized the lyrics for "Wherever You Go". I also would like to get a recent photo of myself to include somewhere in the packaging. As of now there are no photos of myself, which may be a good thing. I may have Desta take some photos and see what we come up with.
Looking at all of those items it is becoming apparent that I won't be able to get that all done in the 6 days I have left until my self-imposed deadline of September 28th. Even still, I am pleased with the progress in the past few days and feel good about getting everything completed at some point. I really just want to finish this and get it out of the way so I can move on to better things. This has been a 5 year project and much of this album does not represent where I am at now as a songwriter. I can't wait to move on to the next stage of my work. If you're reading this, thanks for sticking around. I have great hope for the future...stay tuned.

James

No comments: