Sunday, September 16, 2007

Two Finished Songs So Far

My last post seems a bit negative upon review. When I say I haven't completed much work in the past year, I don't mean that I haven't done anything. In fact, right now I have 2 songs that are completely finished and ready to go.

One of these, "By and By", I actually put up on the web quite some time ago. If you are reading this right now, it is safe to say you may have heard this song. I slightly tweaked the mix of the version that is online and mastered it again. The changes were very subtle and I doubt most people will even notice. But it sounds a lot better to me. I am very happy with that song. It has a simplicity that I enjoy. I can't quite put my finger on what is special about it, but it resonates with me.

The second song that is completely done is a bit of a new direction for me. It is called "This Moment". It reminds me of a song like "That Night Back In June" but with a more electronic, produced and spacious feel to it. I love the chorus personally. The structure is a bit different from the norm. I am excited about it at the moment. It should find a nice home on the album.

No comments: